Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Do you know...

...any other circumstances of your birth (who was present, who delivered, etc.)?

I was due on January 1, and arrived on the 4th.

I do know that the only people present at my birth were my mother and her doctor and nurse(s). And that I came very quickly (I talked about that in the last post.)

My dad was extremely squeemish and stayed in the waiting room. When I talked to my mom about this she said it was no big deal because it was still common for the dads to stay in the waiting room. She was actually fine with it because she knew he would probably get sick, and she wanted to be concentrating! (For the record...I cannot imagine Matt not being in the delivery room with me. Moral support much needed!)

Another thing that was par for that day and time was NOT breast feeding. My mother really wanted to nurse me, but was pressured into formula feeding. She still feels guilty for not nursing. By the time my sister came along 7 years later, she followed her instinct and nursed her. Mom still feels guilty when we talk about it. Once, when she was nursing Elizabeth, I asked her, "Did you do that for me?" She never got over it. I, on the other hand, don't remember it at all.  Nursing is definitely not easy at first, but if you can hang in there and don't have any major issues, I strongly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment