I was about 7 1/2 pounds (I think)
I've always loved to hear my mother tell me about her experience of having me. She loved every minute of it. It was a very easy labor, and she always regretted having an epidural because I came so fast. She always told me that she had to be careful when she spoke about her pregnancies and how much she loved them because some women would actually get angry at her. I don't get this because I loved every second of being pregnant, too. What an amazing experience and gift from the Lord. Nothing like it. NOTHING...
January 4th is not a major holiday, but some things that have occurred on this date in history (not everything, just some things I thought were interesting):
- 1865 – The New York Stock Exchange opens its first permanent headquarters at 10-12 Broad near Wall Street in New York City.
- 1896 – Utah is admitted as the 45th U.S. state.
- 1958 – Sputnik 1 falls to Earth from its orbit.
- 1959 – Luna 1 becomes the first spacecraft to reach the vicinity of the Moon.
- 1965 – United States President Lyndon B. Johnson proclaims his "Great Society" during his State of the Union address.
- 1972 – Rose Heilbron becomes the first female judge to sit at the Old Bailey in London.
- 1974 – United States President Richard Nixon refuses to hand over materials subpoenaed by the Senate Watergate Committee.
- 1643 – Sir Isaac Newton, English mathematician and natural philosopher (d. 1727)
- 1809 – Louis Braille, French teacher of the blind and inventor of braille (d. 1852)
- 1900 – James Bond, American ornithologist (d. 1989) (I have no idea who this is, but cool name!)
- 1930 – Don Shula, American football coach
- 1957 – Patty Loveless, American singer
- 1960 – Michael Stipe, American singer (R.E.M.)
- 1965 – Beth Gibbons, English singer (Portishead) (again, no idea, but we had the same last name)
- 1965 – Julia Ormond, English actress
- 1966 – Deana Carter, American singer
- Independence Day of Burma/Myanmar
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Movement for the Survival of the Ogoni People
- January 4 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Count Deshanel of Epirus is born.

No comments:
Post a Comment